The Summit contract is deployed on Synapse Chain and acts as the "rollup" of SIN for the attested states of all remote chains in the system. The snapshot root of the contract determines the source of truth for snapshots for all chains and is attested to by every actor in the system every time they perform an action.
The contract works hand in hand with the BondingManager to keep remote chains up-to-date on the state of the agents & forces all agents to attest to the validity of the agents in every snapshot and ultimately serves as a global state of the interchain network.
- Accepts Guard/Notary Snapshots
- Performs state transitions
- Contains the updated root of all the bonded agents through the BondingManager
- Accepts receipts, which are used to distribute tips (upon the completion of a message by the executor on the Destination contract, a receipt is issues which can be used to claim tips, these receipts are verifiable against the snapshot).
- Verifies Attestations/Reports which ares used to slash off-chain agents using the BondingManager.
- Accepting Fraud/Success Reports through Inbox
- Accepting State and Receipt Reports to initiate a dispute between Guard and Notary.
- Storing all the Guard Reports with the Guard signature leading to a dispute.
- Verifying State/State Reports referencing the local chain and slashing the signer if statement is invalid.
- Verifying Receipt/Receipt Reports referencing the local chain and slashing the signer if statement is invalid.